“An easier and faster way to make games and apps with the Corona SDK!”
The “Super Starter Kit for Corona SDK” (SSKCorona) is a distillation of many popular (and new) game/app development solutions that provides many improvements and additions to the Corona SDK. It is comprised of these three components:
- The Library – A collection of Lua code that adds several new features: new and improved display objects, event managment, 2D Math, label and button factories, a collision calculator, benchmarking tools, a behaviors system, pre-defined meters, HUDS, networking utlities, …
- The Sampler – A ready-to-run application that , demonstrates the usage of SSKCorona libraries, presents a growing collection of answers to forums questions, shows game mechanics samples, …
- The Game Framework – An empty single-player (and soon to be multiplayer) framework with all the standard game interfaces: Splash/Loading Screen, Main Menu, Options Menu, Credits, Multiplayer Screens, and Play GUI.
- See It! – There is a growing collection of videos showing SSKCorona in action on the RoamingGamer YouTube Channel.
- Try it!- The SSK Sampler application available as free download for:
- Get It! - SSKCorona is hosted on gitHub as a public project.
- Learn to Use It! - All of the SSKCorona library functions (excluding external free libraries) are documented on the SSKCorona Wiki (on gitHUB). Additionally, you can get more tutorials and references on the “Make A Game Series” page on this site.