Torque Script Tool Kit (TSTK)
Current Version: 106
Last Updated: 31 DEC 2009
The Torque Script Tool Kit is a collection of utility scripts (and other cool stuff) that I have written (and continuously improved) over the years.
I strongly encourage all Torque engine users to download this kit and to become familiar with it. I guarantee that this kit will save you hours of coding, debugging and will help you write better scripts of your own.
- Download the latest version of TSTK.
- Unzip the file to your desktop, using the “Unzip here” option. (If you don’t use the “Unzip here”, you’ll probably get a folder named “TSTK” containing another folder named “TSTK”. You want the inner-most folder.)
- Depending on the version of the engine you are installing, open the following file and follow the directions you find within:
- For TGE read “~/TSTK/install_TGE.txt”
- For TGEA read “~/TSTK/install_TGEA.txt”
- For the TGB editor, read “~/TSTK/install_TGB_Editor.txt”
- For your TGB game, read “~/TSTK/install_TGB_Games.txt”
In the future, it is very likely that new versions (updates) of this kit will be released. I suggest that you maintain the latest copy to be sure you get any new features and bug fixes that may come along. You can easily check to see what version you have (and thus decide if you need to re-download) by doing the following:
- Install TSTK (as discussed above).
- Start your engine (TGE, TGEA, or TGB).
- Open the console by typing either: ~ or CTRL+~.
- Clear the console by typing: cls();
- Run the Roaming Gamer (RG) revision checker (all RG scripts come with this) by typing: rgVersion();
If you followed the above steps correctly, you should see something like the following (you may have more messages than shown if you’re using other RG scripts, and your dates may be different from those shown):
|rgVersions() shows I have “Roaming Gamer – T2DProject Template #1″ installed too.|
If your version does not match the version number in the upper-right corner of this blog, then you should click the TSTK logo and get a new copy.
Submitting Script Suggestions and Bug Reports
In addition to making my own updates to this kit, I will be accepting submissions from the GarageGames.com community. If you want to suggest a new script or scripts for inclusion into the kit (or if you find a bug), please email me at: emaurina AT roaminggamer DOT com and place the word TSTK in the title.